Symbol of the history of Bolsena, the Complex of Santa Cristina is actually made up of three distinct units developed around the original catacomb area:
- The Grotto of St. Cristina and the Catacomb (IV-V century AD);
- The Basilica, a medieval building with three naves and a Latin cross plan. The construction dates back to the year 1078, built on a previous building for worship. The building is composed by three naves with a trussed roof and the interior preserves its original Romanesque style.
- The New Chapel of the Miracle, built from 1693 onwards